London Fashion Baby

London Fashion Baby

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Paris - je t'aime

Ahhhh Paris.....what a city!! Being in London made me realize that I am only a two hour train ride away from Paris!! So of course I took the chance and booked a ticket on the Eurostar train to Paris! And I didn't regret it! So for all the London habitants or visitors, if you have a chance to get a ticket for the Eurostar, take it! It is a really convenient and fast way to get to Paris!

Being the first time in Paris, you have all kinds of expectations, as you have seen the city in so many movies, songs and advertisements! And I have to say that I really get the Paris wow effect! Paris has a flair and esprit, that I never noticed in another city like that! Although it has its dark sides (sometimes you can be really overwhelmed by the bad smell), it has a special charme and character.You can feel the historic importance of the things happened here wandering through the Revolution square or one of the great parks like the Jardin des Tuileries

Foie gras
Cuisse de grenouille
Chocolate Cake
Of course you should not miss out a typical french meal! I got lucky and was invited by a great friend to the Le Pharamond.  Its an absolutely amazing, fantastic restaurant of high cuisine on the 24 rue de la Grande Truanderie and I was absolutely overwhelmed by the french decor and the nice music and friendly waiters! Definitely worth a visit! As a starter I tried the "Foie gras mi-cuit maison, gelée de pommeau, pain grillé" which is like a duck spread served with grilled bread and jelly. Really delicious! And I also tried frog legs :-D and I have to say, that they sound disgusting, but they are actually quite delicious! A taste between chicken and fish and a nice texture, so don't be afraid and just try it! The whole meal (chicken as a main course and chocolate cake as dessert) was absolutely fantastic and a pleasure! But I have to admit that I was lucky to have a french native with me as the card was completely in french!

 In general it is really convenient to speak French as the French aren't really good with English and I noticed that they are so much friendlier and open when you try to say even a few words in French! But I have to say that they are trying to help you in any way if you ask them for help! I had no money on my phone and got stuck at the station, so I asked a few people if I can use their phones and all gave me their phone to call a friend and even helped me to find an adress! I was really surprised!

So Paris is really worth a visit: If you just want to spend all your money in la Gallery Lafayette which is right next to the Opera and has a terrace on the 7th floor giving you a great view over the Paris city center, being impressed by the Eiffel Tower by night (every first five minutes of every hour you can enjoy the Tower sparkling!), getting an art and culture shock in the Louvre (for under 26 year olds the entry is free!) or want to praise architecture whispering in the halls of Notre Dame, PARIS IS A MUST!



No comments:

Post a Comment